What Makes Us Different?
We really are, faster, better and more affordable. Below is a real-life example of the treatment protocols on
of our patients received from a local facility.
Real Local Example of Getting
“Traditional” Sleep Apnea Treatment:
- The patient suspects that they have sleep apnea.
- The patient makes an appointment with their primary care physician, and typically takes 2-3 weeks.
- The patient’s physician determines if the patient may have sleep apnea.
- The physician refers the patient to a sleep specialist.
- The patient calls to make an appointment for a face-to-face evaluation, which can be multiple weeks out.
- A Home Sleep Study is ordered and administered by a third party.
- The patient calls the third party to schedule a pickup, or delivery, of the sleep study device. During this
time, the patient needs to wait for insurance verification to complete. This can take multiple weeks and the
cost is typically several hundred dollars. A major local healthcare system charges $625 for the home sleep
test, and this doesn’t include the fee for the doctor visit.
- The patient has a face-to-face evaluation with the sleep specialist after the sleep study report is ready to
evaluate their diagnosis.
- If an oral device referral is made, it takes 2-3 weeks to gather all of the necessary documents to start the
This entire process can take several months and cost upwards of $800-$1,000.
The Sleep Health Partners Difference:
- The patient suspects they may have sleep apnea.
- The patient schedules an appointment with Sleep Health Partners for a complimentary consultation. In most
cases, our patients can be seen within two days.
- Dr. Karim determines if the patient is a candidate for an oral appliance during the visit.
- If the patient is a good candidate, a referral is made to a medical sleep specialist for evaluation
- Please note: Oregon law requires the sleep test Rx, sleep apnea Dx and oral appliance Rx all to be
made by a medical provider.
- A face-to-face telemedicine visit with a board certified medical sleep specialist is set up for the patient
by Sleep Health Partners during the initial consult. Typically, the patient can be seen within one week.
- If Obstructive Sleep Apnea is diagnosed, the treatment process can begin within a week.*
The Sleep Health Partners process takes less two weeks to complete and costs $249 for testing and
diagnosis ONLY. This does not include the cost of an oral appliance.**
*Length of time before beginning the treatment process can be prolonged due to insurance verification and prior
authorization, which can take six or more weeks.
** For evaluation, testing and diagnosis. If using
debit, credit or HSA card, treatment process can begin immediately